Cara North: “It’s not about the tools, though. It’s about what you do with them. Right?” There may be no one better in the eLearning industry to answer that than our June 21 TLDCast guest, Tim Slade.
Tim Slade is a speaker, author, and award-winning freelance eLearning designer. Having spent the last decade working to help others elevate their eLearning and visual communications content, he has been recognized and awarded within the eLearning industry multiple times for his creative and innovative design aesthetics. He’s also a regular speaker at international eLearning conferences, a recognized Articulate Super Hero, co-author of the popular E-Learning Uncovered book series, and author of The eLearning Designer’s Handbook.
Tim answers Cara’s and more. In this conversation, he discusses:
- His start in loss prevention and how he evolved to becoming a trainer and accidental instructional designer
- His time at GoDaddy and how he set himself up for success by setting goals early in his career
- How he values structure and its importance to stakeholders
- How he started building his brand and eventually, his book
- Dealing with impostor syndrome
- Doing freelance work and dealing with freelancers
- Being a conference speaker and sharing your knowledge freely with others