Mikaela Kiner is the Founder and CEO of Reverb, an HR consultancy for startups, located in Seattle, WA. She is also the author of the upcoming book, Female Firebrands: Stories and techniques to ignite change, take control, and succeed in the workplace.
Women in L&D Host Valerie Sunyak had an excellent conversation with Mikaela that covered a variety of topics. The discussion was wide-ranging and thought provoking; Mikaela offered a variety of insights on social inequities women, men, and people of color face in the workplace.
Their discussion covered (in this order):
- The stigma/reputation of HR
- The Myth of Meritocracy
- Being raised in a sexist society
- Women judging women in the workplace
- Impostor Syndrome
- Men as advocates
- Her Book – Female Firebrands: Stories and techniques to ignite change, take control and succeed in the workplace
- Mid-career women professionals that are ready for a change
Reverb People: https://reverbpeople.com/
Female Firebrands on Twitter
Battle Tactics: There’s more than one gender wage gap. Let us explain with Skittles.