Notes for August 7, 2017.
A great discussion was had on Onboarding and mentoring. We weaved around trying to find a definition of Onboarding and that spurred on many discussions in text on multiple facets of Onboarding in general. The chat is the place to be on this day, so make sure you have your reading glasses on and scroll up while listening to the replay.
- Definition of Onboarding
- What Onboarding looks like in general?
- Is there a difference between Company Onboarding and Department Onboarding?
- Who owns Onboarding in a company?
- When does Onboarding take place?
- Breakpoints on changing training
- Mentoring and how that fits into onboarding or training in general
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Watch the Video Replay
“it’s like walking into the woods: You only walk IN half way, the other half, you’re walking OUT.”
“If everyone can say “yes, include this” but no one can say “no, this doesn’t belong” then your training will suck no matter what you do.”